We report two cases of individuals with hepatocellular carcinoma who developed a cerebrovascular accident while on sorafenib. Neither patient had any danger elements for the cerebrovascular events apart from gender and age in the second patient. Laboratory data had been noncontributory. The head CT scan did not reveal acute abnormalities. No hemodynamically significant stenosis was visible in the carotid ultrasound, and the echocardiogram showed normal quantity of the heart chambers and normal systolic function of the left ventricle. Sorafenib was discontinued in each cases. Physicians should monitor individuals receiving sorafenib for neurologic symptoms, and in the absence of other etiology, prompt discontinuation of this drug should be considered. (Supply: Clinical and Developmental Immunology)<div id="medworm"><p><b><i>MedWorm Sponsor Message:</i></b> Find outside how you can <a href="http://frankiespeakingfrankly.blogspot.com/2011/04/fresh-medworm-blast-provide.html" target="_self">get your message posted here and on more than 100,000 other medical web pages</a> in just a couple of days, plus support MedWorm at the same age.</p></div> Much more info: Informations...Tags: Health, ventricle, sponsor message, cerebrovascular, carcinoma, echocardiogram
Leave a Reply
- Q&A: Is it okay to wear contacts if you have allergies ? 09. Mar, 2011
- Q&A: What is the best over the counter medicine to take for sinus allergies? 26. Jan, 2011
- What is good for runny nose and nasal congestion probably due to allergies? 06. Apr, 2011
- Can kissing someone for half an hour cure allergies? 30. Mar, 2011
- Can an old air conditioner trigger allergies? 05. Apr, 2011
- Improving paediatric asthma outcomes in primary health care: a randomised controlled trial. 11. Oct, 2011
- Obese Mothers Put Children at Higher Risk of Asthma 11. Oct, 2011
- Home-based educational interventions for children with asthma. 11. Oct, 2011
- Aspirin Desensitization: A "Lifechanger" For Patients With Aspirin And NSAID Allergies; Cardiovascular Disease 11. Oct, 2011
- New Study Aims to Cure Food Allergies 11. Oct, 2011
- Lillie: I am currently having desensitisation injections (...
- Eye Floaters Treatment: Eye floaters are the most annoying health issue yo...
- Gary: LET ME ADD SOME CORRECTIONS TO MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE...
- Gary: My suggesion is to get a bole of Solorcain. It ac...
- Tyrell Boresha: L-arginine makes me feel young again...
action age aliment Allergies Allergy asthma best blogspot cause cell Clinical Conclusion Conclusions couple couple of days disease div div id food Health href human beings Immunology infection Journal lt medical web medicine medworm Message news pubmed risk role self skin Source Sponsor sponsor message study Support target treatment web web pages