Nephrotic syndrome, after administration of tyrosine kinase inhibitors, is uncommon and not well known. A 62-year-ancient male, who had experienced a left nephrectomy due to a traffic accident 38 years ago, underwent a partial nephrectomy for fair renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Histologically, the tumor was a clear cell RCC. Two years later abdominal CT revealed para-aortic lymph node metastasis. During these two years, serum creatinine had increased from 2.0 mg/dL to 2.9 mg/dL along with the appearance of proteinuria. After only a week of sorafenib, 400 mg/day, fever developed and sorafenib was stopped. Although normotensive, his serum creatinine increased to 3.83 mg/dL and serum albumin decreased from 1.8 g/L to 1.0 g/L. Proteinuria also worsened to 27...<div id="medworm"><p><b><i>MedWorm Sponsor Message:</i></b> Please listen to <a href="https://plus.google.com/115738064898291568173/posts/aapMc16itxR" target="_self">this plea of support for the health workers in Bahrain</a>. #FreeDoctors</p></div> More information: Check this...Tags: Health, serum creatinine, target, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, rcc, carcinoma
Development of Nephrotic Syndrome after Administration of Sorafenib in a Case of Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
Leave a Reply
- Q&A: Is it okay to wear contacts if you have allergies ? 09. Mar, 2011
- Q&A: What is the best over the counter medicine to take for sinus allergies? 26. Jan, 2011
- What is good for runny nose and nasal congestion probably due to allergies? 06. Apr, 2011
- Can kissing someone for half an hour cure allergies? 30. Mar, 2011
- Can an old air conditioner trigger allergies? 05. Apr, 2011
- Improving paediatric asthma outcomes in primary health care: a randomised controlled trial. 11. Oct, 2011
- Obese Mothers Put Children at Higher Risk of Asthma 11. Oct, 2011
- Home-based educational interventions for children with asthma. 11. Oct, 2011
- Aspirin Desensitization: A "Lifechanger" For Patients With Aspirin And NSAID Allergies; Cardiovascular Disease 11. Oct, 2011
- New Study Aims to Cure Food Allergies 11. Oct, 2011
- Lillie: I am currently having desensitisation injections (...
- Eye Floaters Treatment: Eye floaters are the most annoying health issue yo...
- Gary: LET ME ADD SOME CORRECTIONS TO MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE...
- Gary: My suggesion is to get a bole of Solorcain. It ac...
- Tyrell Boresha: L-arginine makes me feel young again...
action age aliment Allergies Allergy asthma best blogspot cause cell Clinical Conclusion Conclusions couple couple of days disease div div id food Health href human beings Immunology infection Journal lt medical web medicine medworm Message news pubmed risk role self skin Source Sponsor sponsor message study Support target treatment web web pages